Skip to content

Burriss and Ridgeway

Offices in Columbia and Orangeburg, SC

8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Monday - Friday
Call Us For Free Consultation*

I have been hurt at work, now what?

Burriss & Ridgeway | January 29, 2014

workers compensation attorneyIf you are hurt at work, the first thing you must do if you are able is provide notice of your injury to your employer through your supervisor. You have 90 days from the date of the injury to notify your employer of the injury or you may be prohibited from bringing a Workers’ Compensation claim. Additionally, you must get approval from your employer for any medical treatment you wish to seek. If not approved by the employer, they may not be obligated to pay for the medical expenses incurred even though they are related to the job injury. In sum, the employer is obligated to pay for approved medical treatment only, unless for some reason the employer is refusing to approve reasonable and necessary treatment in bad faith. In that case you would more than likely need a ruling from the South Carolina Workers’ Compensation Commission.

If you, a family member or friend has been injured at work and would like to talk about the available options, Hank Burriss and Wayne Ridgeway look forward to discussing the case. With offices in Columbia, Orangeburg and Lexington, Burriss and Ridgeway services clients across the State of South Carolina. Contact Us to schedule a free consultation.

by Wayne Ridgeway


[buttonibt title=”Custom Color” url=”” size=”large” bgcolor=”#c4bf2d” fontcolor=”#000000″]Contact Us Now! Click Here![/buttonibt]