Burriss and Ridgeway

Offices in Columbia and Orangeburg, SC

8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Monday - Friday
Call Us For Free Consultation*

I’ve Been Injured in an Accident In South Carolina That Was My Fault, What Now?

Burriss & Ridgeway | February 2, 2016

auto insurance injury lawyerIn South Carolina many automobile insurance policies contain a coverage referred to as personal injury protection or med pay. Personal injury protection and med pay are the same coverage and is a coverage intended to protect the insured with regards to any medical treatment sought as the result of an accident. These are coverage’s that pay out no matter who is at fault for the accident. This coverage is relatively inexpensive and at Burriss & Ridgeway we highly recommend to our clients that they purchase as much of it as their policy will allow. Generally speaking, we see anywhere from $1,000.00 to $10,000.00 of this type of coverage.

At Burriss & Ridgeway we advise our clients that there is nothing more important than constantly evaluating the insurance coverage’s that you have in place on your vehicle and asking any and all questions that arise of your agent should you not understand anything. To the extent that you would like a free consultation we would be more than happy to meet with you and look over the coverage’s that you have on your policy to ensure that you are adequately protected. There is nothing worse than an auto accident with inadequate coverage. Of course if you have been injured in any accident and require a Personal Injury Attorney in Columbia, SC we are available in most cases to assist you.

Offices In Columbia, Orangeburg & Lexington, SC